Sunday, February 26, 2017

PopSugar Reading Challenge

Yikes!  It's been a while!  I'm obviously failing at blogging, but hopefully I can work on improving my track record!

This year I've decided to focus my reading more on quality than on quantity.  In order to do that I've decided to participate in the PopSugar Reading Challenge!

The challenge consists of 40 reading prompts to encourage you to "read outside the box."  And 12 Advanced prompts to add up to a total of 52 books for the year.  I'm not sure if I will complete the advanced prompts, but I definitely want to try to complete all 40 of the original challenge!

I've also decided to read some of the books that have been on my TBR list for WAY too long.  Many of them are classics or books that I feel like I should have read back in school, but either never did, or don't remember reading.


So far this year I've read:
A book that's been on your TBR list for way too long:  The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein
An audiobook:  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (read by Rosamund Pike)
A book that is a story within a story:  The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
A book with a subtitle:  Orange Is The New Black by Piper Kerman
A steampunk novel:  Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
A book about an interesting woman:  Lab Girl by Hope Jahren

Just for fun books (books that don't fit into the challenge, but I still wanted to read!)
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Kings Cage by Victoria Aveyard

Currently Reading:
A book by a person of color:  Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly

I will try to post reviews as I finish each book!

<3 


No comments:

Post a Comment